To onboard to the Lumigo platform, simply follow these steps:
The Lumigo platform relies on an IAM role to be able to collect metrics and logs from your environment. You will need to create an IAM role for Lumigo in your AWS account to support this.
This is done easily using the native CloudFormation wizard:
- Clicking this CloudFormation launch URL. This URL will take you directly to the "Create Stack" wizard in your CloudFormation console.
- Click on the Next button until the stack has been created.
- Once the stack creation is completed, copy the ARN of the newly created role to the box provided. It will appear in the "Outputs" tab of the CloudFormation stack interface.
Lumigo’s tracer needs to be integrated into your Lambda functions, so that our platform can begin collecting metrics. These metrics will allow you to use our platform to analyze logical flows, evaluate performance, reveal debugging information, produce unique insights, and send critical alerts. Integrating the Lumigo open-source library is hassle-free - simply select from one of the following methods:
- Auto Tracing - Auto-tracing automatically adds the Lumigo tracer to your Lambda functions, and instruments them without modifying their source code by using Lumigo’s Lambda layer.
- Manual Tracing - Manual tracing allows you to add the Lumigo tracer to your Lambda functions where you prefer, modifying your handler code to add advanced tracing functionality. You can also use manual tracing to integrate Lumigo with your CI/CD pipeline.
Updated over 3 years ago