Metric alerts are triggered when a metric exceeds a specific threshold for a specified period of time. Metrics are an aggregation of event occurrences. An example is to set an alert triggered when a Lambda function's error rate increases by 10% or more over the last 10 minutes.
The alert type is displayed below the alert name on the Alerts page.
- Navigate to Alerts and select Create New Alert.
- Select Metric as the type of alert.
- Name the alert in the Description field and select the service to which the alert applies.
- Specify the Condition that will trigger the alert.
- Select the resources to which the alert applies.
- Set the condition values in the When box.
- Select Save.
There are several way to apply resources to an alert:
Applies to all current resources; resources created after this alert is set are added automatically.
Applies to the selected resources; resources created after this alert is set may be added manually.
Resources with Tags
Applies to all resources with selected AWS or Lumigo tags; resources tagged with selected tags after this alert is set are added automatically.
Create Event Alert
Learn how to create alerts that keep you informed about errors and exceptions.
Create CloudWatch Metric Alert
Learn how to create alerts that keep you informed about AWS services.
Learn about the types of notifications and how to manage them.
Updated about 1 month ago